Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are SE Self-Paced and Classroom courses avalibility in Spanish & Chinese

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Are the SE Self-Paced and Classroom courses avaliable in launguages applicable to country where users are located?

Chinese & Spanish versions are what I need.

Thanks,

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com

3 REPLIES

Betreff: Are SE Self-Paced and Classroom courses avalibility in Spanish & Chinese

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Gary_Dinges

due to the fact that there are the Chines and Spanish help pages in download I suppose they should be available online too.

20171107_1745.PNG

But AFAIK the language is defined by the current computer(explorer language.

So if thee is English inuse the help pages might come in English too.

What I anyway can/will recomment is, to install the HelpServer locally.

I have done this and I'm really happy with that.

Then You can use any language You want.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Are SE Self-Paced and Classroom courses avalibility in Spanish & Chinese

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Yes, using the URL you have shown, users in many different locales will find these courses in their own languages.  The server responds to the language preferences set up in the browser preferences - it will do the best it can to provide the language each user most prefers.  The courses are available in Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, and nearly a dozen other languages.

Kevin

Re: Are SE Self-Paced and Classroom courses avalibility in Spanish & Chinese

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

HI @Gary_Dinges

All of these materials are fully localized into Spanish and both Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.

When you open a Solid Edge help collection, the Siemens PLM Software Doc Center website detects your web browser's language settings. If you have multiple languages configured in your web browser, the server chooses the first available help collection it finds from the list of preferred languages in the web browser settings.

For information about configuring language settings in your web browser, see your web browser documentation.

In an Internet Explorer browser, you do this by selecting Settings Internet Options General tab→ Languages button→ Language Reference dialog box.  So to see Spanish, for example, add it to your Language Reference list and move it to the top of the list.  Then refresh the web page to see all of the content in Spanish,

Hope this helps!

Melanie