Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Array command?

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@bshand  Yea, shouldn't matter... but it does.

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Creator
Creator
Lol... well aren’t we testy..

Solid edge is a watered down version of SolidWorks which is a watered down version of Inventor which is a watered down version of ProE... I have been programming design software since you were in diapers. Sheet metal is the only thing that SE has going for it, but it’s still no better than Inventors sheet metal. As for cutouts... I have no idea what you are talking about... heck, Inventor has a library of punch’s for sheet metal... you can do things in Inventor in a fraction of the time that it takes in SE and you can do some things that you can only dream about in SE. so calm your **bleep**...

@JCox,

I think you forget, where you are, and who you're talking to.......please chill your writing out a little, for all of our sakes.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge 2019 [MP8] Classic [x3 Seats - Cloud Enabled]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Creator
Creator
I have worked in numerous places and it has taken me 25 years to work somewhere so cheap that they use SE... first time I’ve ever even heard of this crap... and I can guarantee you can’t skeletal model in SE anywhere. Ear as well as you can in Inventor. It’s impossible... you can’t derive, you can’t create variables as you go, you can’t drive dimensions by a driven dimension... and congrats on your cyclone... lol... I remember the first time I designed one of those... I have a compete flare system that can change height, seactions, material, number of stacks, location qty and size of inlets, with or without platforms, platform and ladder elevations and orientations, the piping to the refinery, etc. from a little form with drop down menus.

I think this discussion is headed in the wrong direction. We are all guests here so let's keep it respectful and positive please.

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Welcome-to-the-Siemens-PLM-Community/Siemens-PLM-Com...

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Hi @KennyG

I only can agree to You 100%

The only advantage I have against You is, that - due to English is not my first language - I get the pleasure to not be forced to understand all that stuff 100%  Smiley Wink

Allow me to add one single statement here, which is:

"Nobody is forced to use any software with which man could not identify!"

Maybe the reason for changing software and companies is also related to the behaviour!

End of my statement

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

@JCox wrote:
Lol... well aren’t we testy..

Solid edge is a watered down version of SolidWorks which is a watered down version of Inventor which is a watered down version of ProE... I have been programming design software since you were in diapers. Sheet metal is the only thing that SE has going for it, but it’s still no better than Inventors sheet metal. As for cutouts... I have no idea what you are talking about... heck, Inventor has a library of punch’s for sheet metal... you can do things in Inventor in a fraction of the time that it takes in SE and you can do some things that you can only dream about in SE. so calm your **bleep**...

Sorry, but I couldn't resist replying.

Solid Edge was originally by Intergraph as a development of their EMS parametric modelling system.

EMS was introduced over a year before ProE.

A minor detail though.

I think you just need to realise that they all work the same but different.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
SE2019 MP5 on Windows 10 Pro 64.