Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assemble Tabs

Pioneer
Pioneer

Why does Mate/Planar align work differently in  the Assemble Drop down tab compared to the Mate/Tab on the tool bar.

If you select mate on the assemble drop down you can toggle between mate and planar whereas on the tool bar this option is greyed out? #morehassle

5 REPLIES

Re: Assemble Tabs

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@Redcad2I'm assuming you mean that within the Assemble command's command bar, you can choose one of the many different relationships and withing the Mate command's command bar you are limited to the relationship command you chose?

It's not that the relationships are working differently, you are choosing 2 different commands with 2 different goals and workflow.

Assemble is a generic relationship command for assigning relationships and stays active to allow several different relationships to be placed in that active session of the command.

Mate is a specific relationship meant to place only a Mate relationship and thus the reason the command bar does not allow switching to a different relationship.

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com
Highlighted

Betreff: Assemble Tabs

HI @Redcad2

@KennyG already has given an answer to Your question and maybe he has understood what Your request is, but I didn't.

Can You give some pictures for what You are talking exactly?

I think then I and other may better answer and meybe have a solution to it

Thanks

regards
Wolfgang

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks Kenny

How many times have you selected the mate option quickly and then realised you wanted a planar align. It would be nice to have the same functionality to 'flip it' but it is greyed out.

Hi @Redcad2

again I can't see a difference here.

Wether using the drop out symbol or the ribbon bar icon I'm always able to flip.

In both situations YOu also can press the F button to flip after selecting the two faces.

The Flip buttons is visible before only if using the Flash Fit.

So again, maybe You can provide a video or picture to let me better understand what the goal should be.

regards
Wolfgang

@Redcad2  If the case is that I picked Mate and really wanted Planar Align after I picked the Source and Target faces and got the wrong result, I would use the "Flip" button at the end of the command bar or tap the "F" key to flip the Mate to a Planar Align...

2017-09-20_15-13-42.png

Ken
Production: ST10 MP9, Testing: SE 2019
http://Grundey.blogspot.com