Assembly Configuration majorly screwed up

Very busy trying fix a assy due to assy configs broke.

Here's the short story. I have a assy with 3 subs. each of those has it's own configs. The main assy also has config's. I go through my subs applying each of there's configs. I then go to the main assy to create a new config for that assy. Now i go apply another config from a sub. I selects that sub, nothing else selected. I then go to my assy config, it's looking at the last config i did, not my main assy config like it should. If you apply that config it screws everything up. This not good. This is a regression from ST6. I tested on ST6 and it worked correctly.

18 REPLIES

Re: Assembly Configuration majorly screwed up

Just found another, this is what reallly screwed me. The config box up in the bar also show's the last config you applied even knowing you have nothing selected. Capture show's s11 config and capture1 show the same in the drop down list

OK since im talking to myself..Smiley Very Happy

Look's like this is very deep. i have reported the assy config - PR7253428

Now have another issue. when selecting a config and it's out of date. you choose OK and everything disappears. that config is now gone, bye bye see yea PR7253428

Late yesterday i found out dft's file weren't holding the assigned configs

The middle problem has made my life heckit. i think i have everything set, then boom, a config out of date and i have to start over.

i now have another PR number PR 7254602. This flaw in the configs has greatly effected use in our work flow. all of my assy have configs then all the drawings generated from this. i go's very deep.I have asked this to be #1 serious. There no immediate work around. kinda shock no one has experience this. i would post a vidieo but it's so screwed up i can't do one.

TDB wrote:

OK since im talking to myself..Smiley Very Happy

Haha....well, at least you'll be sure to get the BEST answers that way!  Robot LOL

Can't say I've encountered this yet, but take your word for it.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP3] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Man you pep's need to see this assembly i have. Check out the very vivid graphics. You can see every detail.

You wonder why i'm saying this. I was showing this to team of people when it screwed up. i was embarrassed. i had to do a show all, i couldn't hide things fast enough to show what i need to show. i couldn't use my draft cause it did the same thing. i'm hoping someone realize the  importance of this problem and get it fixed by next MP. This is hurting our ability to work...

You may have answered this in another post, but what kind of graphics card are you running?

Ken Grundey
Production: ST6 MP14
Testing: ST9 MP1

AMDFirePro V5900. Would be shocked if this is the problem since GTAC reproduced it. Plus geting new computer next day or so

I've got the same situation but I'm running a Quadro 2000 card.  This is a serious problem becuase if I lose a top level configuration, I'm looking at hours and hours of recovery to recreate the configurations for my assembly drawings.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

Hello,

Here is a jing link that will clearly illustrate the problem.  This is for a small linear actuator mechanism.  In the video, I first show the configurations available when I click on the top level assembly.  Then I go to the motor subassembly and pick on of its configurations to turn off an EMI suppressor wire.  Then, when I go back and try to view the main assembly configurations, I can only see the ones for the motor.  This is a SERIOUS PROBLEM!   

http://screencast.com/t/iEIMUaQqL4C

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1