Assembly Configurations

Help!!

I have a rather large assembly which keeps showing up with awful lines (see attached image); also when i click to zoom to fit the whole assembly disappears. all the parts are still in  there but i cannot see them.

4 REPLIES

Re: Assembly Configurations

Hi there @RG82,

Yikes, that looks like a graphics issue.

Probably main place to start, is if you could provide some of your system details, including graphics driver version, also SE version & MP...?

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST9 [MP5] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Hi Sean,

I am running ST8 off a HP EliteBook 8540w, Windows 7, I7 Q720 @1.60GHz, 16 GB RAM.

The graphics card is Quadro FX 1800M - version 341.92.

I might try downloading a previous driver verison

that didn't work; however for whatever reason there is just too much in the assembly for it to process. I transfered a bunch of parts and assemblies into sub assemblies and hid/deactivated them and all seems to be working ok again.

I'm with @SeanCresswell....at a previous work place I had the same problem with larger assemblies. We then upgraded our computers (same memory and actually a slower CPU) which had better graphics cards and the problem went away...but the ones with the previous graphics cards, we only bought a few computers at a time, couldn't handle it and would give the same result you're getting.

What might help is changing the settings in the NVIDIA control center or within Solid Edge.

Hope this helps...