Assembly Feature Color Control

4 REPLIES

Re: Assembly Feature Color Control

I am creating a round Assembly Feature cut cut on a sheetmetal panel approx. .002" deep. I need to be able to change the color of only that feature but can't find a way to do this. Is ther a way that I can accomplish this? This is a painted panel and the assembly cut is to be a no paint area.

Hi,

I think a assembly feature only can take the part colour itself.

The only method I can imagine at the moment is to create the feature in the part and then you can use the part painter to accomplish the different colours

regards
Wolfgang

Thanks,
The reason that I didn't want to create it at the part level is that our vendor uses our .psm files to create
our parts and I didn't want it to show up as a feature that the laser would try to cut. By adding it to the
assembly level it avoids that problem.

Tom Shreffler
Mosebach Mfg.
1417 McLaughlin Run Rd.
Pittsburgh, Pa 15241
412-914-2295

The contents of this e-mail are confidential. If you are not the named addressee or if this transmission has been addressed to you in error, please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, transmission or forwarding is forbidden. E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure. If verification is required, please request a hard copy version.

[ Edited ]

Hi there @TShref,

Does your laser read the PSM directly, or is it based off the "flatten" model.....or a "Save as Flat"?

Reason I ask is, if you were to make the cut at part level [enabling face & feature isolated Part Painter use], you could use "Delete Faces" command to remove it enitrely from the flattened version of the model.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10