Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly Features Cutout

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have an assembly with 10 sheet metal plates in it. I have added an cutout "assembly feature" through several plates. If I make a draft, I cannot see the cutouts in the different plates, Any solution for this?

2 REPLIES

Betreff: Assembly Features Cutout

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Johan

this is clear!

You must not create an assembly feature, which - as the name shows - is only existing in the content of that assembly but not witihn the single parts.

You should use either an "Assembly-Driven" feature, which is defined in the assembly context but will be shown in the parts too or even better (I like it more) the "Create Part Feature" option.

Here all features are stored back in the parts itself.

20170927_1232.PNG

Sorry to say, but IMHO You have to create those features again, I think there is no way to convert them from-to

You only can copy the sketch elements from the older feature to the new onw

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Assembly Features Cutout

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Either you have to do as the last post suggests and make actual part features (can be assembly driven).

Or you can draft the parts in the context of the assembly. When you create a view, uncheck "independent of assembly" This will work for everything except flat patterns.

For flat patterns, you can't draft assembly features and must make actual part features.

For me, the way flat patterns work in this software are the source of all good and evil inside solid edge.