Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Assembly/draft file save as frustration...

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am working on a draft drawing that will have 8 sheets of 8 very similar assemblies, asm1 thru asm8. Each sheet will have a view of the associated assembly. I made the first assembly and drawing from a very similar, previously released assembly and draft file.

When I try to create the 2nd of the 8 parts, Solid Edge always wants to create a new draft file.

What I am doing, I open up asm1 and click Save As to make asm2. The dialog opens up with 2 files to create, assembly and draft. I do not want to create a new draft file, I already have a draft file working which has 8 sheets for the 8 parts I am creating.

How can I get around this?

5 REPLIES

Re: Assembly/draft file save as frustration...

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

There is an Option either under Helpers or Manage...  that says something like automatically revise or sync Drafts to 3D models.

I can not share a screenshot as I am Running with SEEC Teamcenter integration.

Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
SE2019 Pre-Production Testing
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Thanks that was what I was looking for

Betreff: Assembly/draft file save as frustration...

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Johnson_BigMatt

this is the option for the BiDM usage but I don't think that this can or will help @kjm since it would create a new draft together with the new assembly.

But now to @kjm

let me suggest to do it better as offered, to have one draft for one 3D document.

Not only for performance reasons but also for workflow reasons.

What You have seen is exactly what SE will offers to You, to create the draft when You create a new assembly from an existing structure (asm and draft)

If You do not want to do it so, for any reason, then YOu have to create the assembly without the draft and put the new assembly onto Your existing draft document.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Assembly/draft file save as frustration...

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@hawcad, I think @Johnson_BigMatt was saying to turn off that setting so a new draft is not prompted for. So, I think that solved the OP's problem. I only think that though. Could be wrong.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you!