Assembly holes

Hello,

I want to make an Hole in one part, and propagate it to another part. The hole type is for a socket head screw, and I want to associate the Hole size to the threaded hole. For example in the first part I want a hole to locate an M8 Socket head screw, in the second part I want the threaded hole (same M8). But I want to mantain their concentric relationship and as well the diameter of hole. If at certain point I want to change from M8 to M12, both update sucessfuly.

Thanks

Tiago
20 REPLIES

Betreff: Assembly holes

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @TiagoFigueiredo

this might be possible via interpart connection

Of course there are several ways to achieve what You want, also depending wether or not You want to work sync or ordered.

The sync generation of appropriate holes in a scond parts based on that one from the first, IMHO is the easiest method.

If You already have the bolts there You simply can do a boolean subtract to get the holes into.

Maybe You will change the hole depth later but nothing more is necessary.

And then You can run the "Create Inter-Part Realtionships" command to connect them permanentely.

20170421_1159.PNG

To bind the diameter value too between them You can use the Peer-Variable table link to connect one value from one part to that one from a second one.

But, as there always is a BUT, I personally try to don't have any or at least many interpart relations within my constructions.

The more interpart relations You have, the more problems You can get for releasing workflows, revision workflows etc.

This is the point where I personally prefer the sync policy, where interpart relations by default doesn't exist.

Use Your selecion methods and the changing capabilities of snyc parts to modify more the one part at the same time.

This - for me - is easier and with less conflicts than the interpart methods

regards
Wolfgang

Many thanks by your reply. as far as understand what you mean, you are talking in synchronous modeling, right? And in ordered how to do it?

In SolidWorks there is something like assembly holes. We create the holes in first part, and the propagate to the second one, and at the same time is possible to insert screws, only with one step. There is anything similar?

Tiago

By the way, what you mean by "IMHO"
Tiago

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @TiagoFigueiredo

sorry to not mention that one too.

Thaught this already was knwon.

Of course there are the so called assembly feature or Assemby-Driven features and the third option of creating part features from assembly.

All of them can be used for this type of request.

20170421_1222.PNG

But again - and again this is a personal mind - doing it as sync from part for me is much more convenient than everything else.

regards
Wolfgang

Thanks again,

Sorry but i'm really a beginer in SE... But is this possible with this command to make a hoke for a socket head hole? I'm just finding the simple hole. With this the screw head stays outside of the part. I don't want it...
Tiago

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @TiagoFigueiredo

You can create any type of hole.

A simply click onto the options of the hole command will open You the whole world of hole parameters (nice word play)

20170421_1236.PNG

It also is possible to create a complex hole with counter bore and thread but I would recommend to cretae a simple thread hole first through all parts and afterwards creating a counter bore witihn the top part on the same hole centers.

Again, I think this will be easier.

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @TiagoFigueiredo

I just forgot to mention another way for achieving different holes in different part at the same and right position.

You can do this vie a table pattern which uses an external excel table with the corresponding hole center position coordinates.

You can use them in several parts to get different features onto same position.

regards
Wolfgang

Quite interesting. Really interesting.

Let's see if I understand well. We create a hole, and then we create a pattern with link to excel. Is that?
Tiago

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @TiagoFigueiredo

Yes that's it!

Robot Happy

regards
Wolfgang