Assembly parts freedom of movement

Is there a way to quickly identify freedom of movement of a part within an assembly ? i.e show an arrow or something similar on screen or identifier that would quickly display how the part may move and what additional constraints are required

Thanks

12 REPLIES

Re: Assembly parts freedom of movement

[ Edited ]

I don't think there is something like an identifier. I use the "drag component" option to see the freedom.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2018 user

agoodwin wrote:

Is there a way to quickly identify freedom of movement of a part within an assembly ? i.e show an arrow or something similar on screen or identifier that would quickly display how the part may move and what additional constraints are required

Thanks

Unfortunately, no there isn't.

Greg

I think this would be a good enhancement. Catia V5 has 'Constraints Analysis' and 'Degrees of Freedom', which can be useful in some circumstances.

585 ST9 Win 7

Thanks for the replies, yes I use drag to determine the allowed movement but it would be much better to simply be able to view this on screen instead of having to invoke a command

I have to go see what can move in sketches all the time. I just go around and see what moves to figure it out. Different specifics, same problem. At least the colors let you know when everything is nailed down with sketches.

[ Edited ]

NX has this tool ...

But you could use the "SEAssemblyRelationshipBrowser.exe" to see wich components might move and wich have relationship conflicts to another.

//Under SEST5 for example!

C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST5\Custom\SEAssemblyRelationshipBrowser\bin\SEAssemblyRelationshipBrowser.exe

Yasser

Hi,

Unfortunately no, SE doesn't provide similar tools to this.

AI has a "smoke & mirror solution" look at:

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

@Imics That would be nice to have in SE.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

Typical demo "feature", but yes it would be cool in same cases ! Smiley Wink

How does it work at a large assy (50000+ parts)? Smiley Very Happy

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/