Assembly problems

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello, i'm working with Solid Edge ST8 MP6 in Windows 10 and I have the following problem when i'm working in 3d asssembly:

Fallo solid edge.PNG

My pc is running an Intel Core i7-4749 with a NVIDIA G-FORCE GTX 970.

Obviously i've reinstalled the drivers but still the pixels still apearing.

Any advice?

Thank you.

8 REPLIES

Betreff: Assembly problems

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi,

AFAIK this is a knwon graphics driver issue with nVidia Cards.

Till now I thought it is coming up only with high end graphic cards but it seems, that it also is an issue with gForce

There were multiple soultions to solve it

Either taking an older driver - look for an older thread covering this issue
or try to turn off the Clueing within the SE options

This helped here 

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Assembly problems

Phenom
Phenom

As @hawcad says this is a Nvidia graphics driver. I've got it on Quadro K5000 so not isolated to Geforce. It's been around for the last several releases of the driver (at least 6-8 releases in my estimation) - I can't remember the last 'good' one, though I've just got used to it and work through it.

Legend
Legend
I get this graphics bug and the green ghosting in the background bugs in SE every once in a while on my laptop and workstation both running quadro cards. I have tried the suggested drivers and thus far none seem to help so I just stick with the latest whql.

When it does go bugged out I have found rebooting the computer is the only solution as closing out SE and opening it back up doesn't and neither does logging off and on, it must be a full reboot.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I get that every time I add or edit a frame member. It goes away as soon as I Zoom or pan. so not really an issue for me. Windows 7-64, Quadro K4200

Phenom
Phenom

Try to set the Graphics Card to "Software Driven" and see if that helps.

graphics car driven.jpg

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

Yes, we've already discussed about this issue and here you are a "solution" from @uk_dave :

http://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Solid-Edge-Forum/Graphics-Problem/m-p/324636/highligh...

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Betreff: Assembly problems

Experimenter
Experimenter

Turning off didn't work.

I'm waiting for a new driver that solves the problem.

THX.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Didn't work.

THX