Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembly relations aren't making sense

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

So I'm in a top level assembly, where I'm placing handrail assemblies to the top of a unit. Some changes were made to the design, so when rearranging things for some reason everything started looking funny and didn't make sense for a couple of the assemblies, so I decided to just bring that assembly in again and place it from scratch. To my surprise, this didn't solve it. When I place this assembly, and begin adding relationships, the added relationships place things at a 90° angle from what it should be. I even tried just mating hole axii to place it, and still, even it creates an axis relationship that ends up being 90° to the direction it was placed. I'm not saying it fails the relationship because it doesn't. But where the part face ends up being or the axis ends up is 90° from what it logically actually would be.

See video then....help!!

(view in My Videos)

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Assembly relations aren't making sense

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

You strike me as a guy who already would have done a hard reboot. So I won't mention that.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Re: Assembly relations aren't making sense

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@bshand   Honestly no i haven't. I've got so many things I'm dealing with right now and I'm on a few deadlines, and with everything else working fine, no I have not done a reboot. I feel stupid now that you say that, but I've never seen this behavior before when placing relationships like this. I'm leaning towards it being something funky with the Assembly holes that were placed in the sub assemblies which themselves were made in the frame environment. But when I get to a place where I can, I will do as you suggested.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"