Attach dimensions

Hello All,

just started using ST8. I am finding difficult to attach the dimensions after updating copied draft. It worked fine in ST7. I have attached the file for reference.

Thanks

Kevin

12 REPLIES

Re: Attach dimensions

they better not of broke this..... Are you useing the "Attach Dimension" or draging the handles?

Hello TBD,

I am reattchaing dimensions. I always copy lots of drawings and then reattach dimensions to save considerable time in drafting. I am very disappointed if they have taken it off.

Kevin

So is the attach icon gone? Also, can anyone replicate this? Right now i don't have 8 loaded to see. We also do a lot of copy's of drawings. I just got done with a job where i copied it all.

I thought the attach icon had been gone a while.  When I run into detached dimensions (brown) I usually just grab the handle and drag it back to the appropriate location.  I've been doing it this way for several releases.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

The attach command still there in ST7. That's how i use it. I have a key board short cut for. I don't like the othere way

Holding Alt while grabbing the dim attachment point will also let you snap the dim to the new geometry.

The alt / drag is not working for me in ST8 either when re-attaching dims, although it does work for callouts. I just located the Attach Dim icon in this release out of necessity. 

The "Attach Dimensions" icon is still there in ST8. Haven't tried to use it yet though.

so i can assume the Attach icon works?