Attach dimensions

Creator
Creator

Hello All,

just started using ST8. I am finding difficult to attach the dimensions after updating copied draft. It worked fine in ST7. I have attached the file for reference.

Thanks

Kevin

12 REPLIES

Re: Attach dimensions

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

they better not of broke this..... Are you useing the "Attach Dimension" or draging the handles?

Creator
Creator

Hello TBD,

I am reattchaing dimensions. I always copy lots of drawings and then reattach dimensions to save considerable time in drafting. I am very disappointed if they have taken it off.

Kevin

PLM World Member Legend

So is the attach icon gone? Also, can anyone replicate this? Right now i don't have 8 loaded to see. We also do a lot of copy's of drawings. I just got done with a job where i copied it all.

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

I thought the attach icon had been gone a while.  When I run into detached dimensions (brown) I usually just grab the handle and drag it back to the appropriate location.  I've been doing it this way for several releases.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

PLM World Member Legend

The attach command still there in ST7. That's how i use it. I have a key board short cut for. I don't like the othere way

Legend
Legend

Holding Alt while grabbing the dim attachment point will also let you snap the dim to the new geometry.

Builder
Builder

The alt / drag is not working for me in ST8 either when re-attaching dims, although it does work for callouts. I just located the Attach Dim icon in this release out of necessity. 

Builder
Builder

The "Attach Dimensions" icon is still there in ST8. Haven't tried to use it yet though.

PLM World Member Legend

so i can assume the Attach icon works?