Auto Balloon in Solid Edge drafting

Hi,

Is there any method to create an Auto-Balloon besides marking at the part edges?

This is because sometime when I assemble, the edges for sheet metal is totally closed by the frame structure. Technically there is no edges can be detected by the software but the sheet metal can be seen. 

Is there any way to make it happen?

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Auto Balloon in Solid Edge drafting

Hi,

sorry for the "Me Too" button I clicked wrong first.

USe the Ctrl+ALT LMB to move the leader from the edge to any point in area You like without loosing the connection to that part.

But be carefully, since You can move it to a totally wrong position (another part) with keeping the connection to the original one

regards
Wolfgang

Yes I can manually arrange the balloon.

What I meant earlier, is there any setting so I can make auto balloon is on the parts itself (not on the part edges). Because the part that can not showing the edges will not be shown after doing the auto balloon for the part list.

[ Edited ]

Only way at the moment is to show the edges of the part - which in your case will be hidden detail.

You can then use CTL+ALT+drag to drag the arrow off the edge into free space, but it will still remain linked to the part edge.

I think you will have to leave the hidden detail on though.

Using view properties you can just turn on the hidden display for that part only.

You could also just use the 'show edges hidden by other parts' option, not the self-hidden.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.

Thanks for that. I should help me.

Maybe for now this is the only way or else I need to do in explode view in order to show the hidden part.

beachcomber wrote:

I think you will have to leave the hidden detail on though.

Yes, having hidden detail displayed before doing the parts list, is how I do this when needed........and you can turn that back to normal display after, with the balloons in tact..

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10