Auto Ballooning Not Working

Creator
Creator

Hi,

Somehow I have turned off the auto balloon function when placing an assembly.

It still works perfectly fine if I place a single part. The part list populates and a balloon is automatically placed.

When I select parts List it shows that I have auto balloon selected and to place table.

It places the table but does not balloon.

Now I have to manaully place the balloons and then update view. This is time consuming and tedious.

Why is the sheet not auto ballooning on assemblies ?

5 REPLIES

Re: Auto Ballooning Not Working

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@RF,

That's strange...the Auto-Balloon "button" is active too.

Have you looked at the parts list proerties for any clues, on the Balloon tab settings there?  [maybe even an SE restart - possibly system reboot]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Creator
Creator

The balloon tab is greyed out so I cannot change anything there.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it will be, as the operation is a one-shot deal, and you only get those ribbon bar options before you place the list......delete the parts list and start it again, then they will be active again. The properties should be accessible during & afterwards though.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Sean is right, and I would like to add that "at that point in time", is the only way to update your saved parts list setup.

The same thing is true for some of the drafting settings. You have to have a temp model and view to draft a template and get the settings into the draft template. Once the template is created with the right settings, then you can delete the related model so that the template does not have a model attached. Lot's of work to get things set up right.

Creator
Creator

Okay,

I have sorted my issues out now. I had a few boxes selected that I shouldn't have had selected.

Thanks for the help.