Autoballon for dimension of part-dft file

Can you pleaes help us to know about autoballon of dimension in part-dft file?

19 REPLIES

Re: Autoballon for dimension of part-dft file

I don't understand your question. Maybe you can put up a screenshot of what you are trying to achieve.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

is it possible to give ballon for given dimensions?

You can place a balloon on a dimension, but not by autoballoon.

Can you please explain what you want to achieve? I don't understand your question I am afraid.

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST9 & AutoCAD 2017 user

The parts list ballons and callouts pick up the information by attaching to the specific item (part/assembly) and displaying a property text identifier such as item number.

Hi

Once i complete my 2d drafting, i need to apply ballon for given dimension. we have around 200 dimensions for each dft and need to give manually. is it possible to automate? 

yes, but this is for assembly file. our need to applying numnering system for given diemnsion.

What is the purpose of the balloons that you attach to dimensions? I don't believe I have ever seen this done.

Bob Henry
Manager of Engineering
Caterpillar Global Mining America LLC

[ Edited ]

Not sure what  @Daxesh's need is but I’ve seen this done with some of my former employers by the Quality department for marking dimensions to be inspected as part of the QC inspection and layout process with the numbered dimensions being tracked in inspection documents such as First Article Inspection Reports.  Much easier to find and track a “ballooned” and numbered dimension on a large print than to try and find an individual numerical dimension that can possibly change at the next revision – balloon numbers don’t change ;-)

http://comp.waldenponddesign.com/first-article-inspection.html

Yes, understanding is correct. Need to trace till end.