Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Dimension Spacing

Creator
Creator

HI All

Wondering if there is a way to set dimension spacings automatically in draft mode. Specifically, if I have several rows of dimensions, can I set the spacing to be an automatic value.

regards

Damo

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Automatic Dimension Spacing

Creator
Creator

PS: Using ST5

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @OzDamo

I believe that the Arrange Dimensions and Autosnap of Dimensions were introduced in ST6 but what You always were able to do is to use the Dimension Distance function rather than the Smart Dimension.

Here You will get a grouped bundle of dims too and automatically.

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Hi Wolfgang

I'm quite a noob on solidedge. Where do I find the Dimension Distance function please.

cheers

Damo

Hi @OzDamo

OK, the corrct function name is "Distance Between" and is found in the Dimensions Group in the MultiTab Ribbon bar.

Also check wether or not You also have the Arrange Dimensions Button there, this even will help better.

See video how it works:

(view in My Videos)

After using the Distance Between, I also have shown YOu the functionality of Auto Snap, but I'm not confident about, wether or not this has worked in ST5 or came in in a later release of S.

regards
Wolfgang

As @hawcad showed you can have the distance between dimensions automatically set when placing dimensions and they will "group". If you want to control the actual spacing between them then see this:

stackpitch.png

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Creator
Creator

Hi Wolfgang

That was exactly what I was after. Thanks.

cheers

Damo

Creator
Creator

Thanks Bruce.

Creator
Creator

So.....Can this function be used to fix drawings I've already done and group dimensions and set spacings.

@OzDamo wrote:

So.....Can this function be used to fix drawings I've already done and group dimensions and set spacings.

It would be an interactive process. You can use the "arrange dimensions" tool in the dimension group to help.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200