Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Automatic Dimension Spacing

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @bshand

@bshand  schrieb:

@OzDamo wrote:

So.....Can this function be used to fix drawings I've already done and group dimensions and set spacings.

It would be an interactive process. You can use the "arrange dimensions" tool in the dimension group to help.

I believe that the "Arrange Dimensions" feature was introduced to ST6 and is not available in ST5.

The only You could do was to move the dimensions using the Auto Snap function but You cann't set them to be permanent afterwards.

regards
Wolfgang

@hawcad, I missed the using ST5 post. Even then I wouldn't know when the arrange dims function became available. Thanks for pointing it out and your encyclopedic knowledge.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi @bshand

doesn't matter at all. 

But regarding this issue a question to @OzDamo:

Can or wil You upgrade to a more current version of SE?

There are many enhancements in the area of drafting which will make Your drawing life easier.

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Re upgrading......I Wish.

I've just started with an engineering firm, who for stability reasons, have stayed with ST5. We often bemoan the lack of features from the later versions. So yes, I'm stuck with it for the time being.

I'm happy to of moved on from Microstation though. If I have to go back to that in the future, it will be hard.

cheers

Damo