Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Updates ST10

Creator
Creator

Good evening,

I downloaded ST10 (successfully!) and the welcoming email says: "For a nominal fee you can receive automatic updates to Solid Edge 2D Drafting and get access to the API for automating common operations."  Can someone point me to where I find details please?

Thanks,

Roger H

5 REPLIES

Betreff: Automatic Updates ST10

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RogerH

not 100% but I know, that if You are under maintenance, then You will be able to go to the download area for downloading the monthly maintenance packages and - not unimportant - You will be able to use the API for 2D draft.

That means, You can write or use additional macros for automate Your draft work.

This is not possible with the free 3D version.

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

Wolfgang,

Many thanks for that.  It is puzzling that 'Maintenance Packs'  are offered in the introductory email but there is no obvious link on the website, which takes you to the resource and shows costs/benefits.  Or, maybe I am just blind and looking in the wrong place!

Sincerely,

Roger

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @RogerH! Just to make sure I'm answering your question correctly...did you download the full version of Solid Edge ST10, or was it Solid Edge 2D Drafting?

Best,

Erin

Creator
Creator

Erin,

I downloaded Solid Edge 2D Drafting.  Reference to 'Automatic updates' came in the Siemens 'welcome' email, sent following the download.

Roger

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@RogerH free versions of Solid Edge are not entitled to maintenance packs.  For a "nominal fee" you can get maintenance packs.  This "fee" is a monthly maintenance charge that is typically based on a 12 month contract.  Your local Solid Edge reseller can you provide you with a quote for this monthly maintenance fee.

If you do not know who your local reseller is please provide more details on your location and we can connect you to a reseller.