Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic revision for draft files

Creator
Creator

Good morning, when I use revise function in data management for a part file, is there a way to automatically revise the linked draft? What I obtain is a new revised part, but nothing is changed on the draft that is linked to the previous revision. What's the best workflow?

Second question: what's the best way to automatize dimension tracker function to display in a table the changes made to the drawing?

thanks 

6 REPLIES

Re: Automatic revision for draft files

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Buscetto,

I would recommend opening the draft file in Design Manager, you can then revise both draft and part at the same time.

Not sure about the dimension tracker table.

Matt Hunt IEng.MIED
Design Engineer
M-Flow Technologies

ST10 MP*
K2200

Betreff: Automatic revision for draft files

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Buscetto

if You are running ST9 or ST10 then will You find an option to keep draft and 3D documented updated automatically - if using the BiDM

See option to turn on that feature under Options - Manage:

20180228_1454.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Creator
Creator

I use ST9 and I have this option already enabled, but I have no results: If I revise a part file, the draft remains with the old revision. Does it work in your case? 

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Buscetto

have You followed to the hints of BiDM?

• Put the base index foler into the FastSearchScope.txt file
  • chacked wether indexing is working properly
  • option is turned off to automatically take drafts with any part change
  • see the article of "obsticles in BiDM" from the SE blog/knowledge base
  • if files are on a server using UNC rather than mapped drives
  • if server, have You installed the fast search on server

regards
Wolfgang

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

What I do is copy the entire set of files, I call it a draft unit. Draft, Assembly, Assembly driven parts (sheet metal for me)

I copy the entire set of files, then create an updated design.

To copy the entire set, open the draft from revision manager then expose all, and hightlight everythign except standard parts you want the new assebly to use as common parts to the old assembly.

Legend
Legend

Are you creating a new part when you revise it, or adding the revision to the original parts file properties?

If you are creating a new part, then open the draft to start your revision process, and copy both draft and file to new file name.

If you are keeping the same file, but adding the revision to your part properties, then your draft should show the new revision, but be the same file name. We save our draft as pdf to an archive folder, so there are historical files for the revised part.