BOM Issue using configurations

Phenom
Phenom

I ran into an issue using configurations in the List Control tab of BOM's. I have an assembly that has two different configurations, basically grouped into the two 'halves' of the assembly. I made a draft, and on one sheet have a view of the first half, with a parts list. On another draft sheet, I inserted a new view of the assembly, selected the 'second half' configuration, and made a parts list of that. I have to go into the parts lists and set the configuration to match the view in the List Control tab to make sure the parts list then correctly displays only the details in the configuration. 

The problem is, when I change the configuration in the dropdown, it also changes the configuration settings for the parts list on the other draft sheet, which is supposed to represent the other half of my assembly. Why are these linked?? Have I missed some option here? I usually don't dive very deep into view configurations.

This is a picture of the configuration option I'm talking about here:

BOM Configuration.PNG

-Dylan Gondyke
3 REPLIES

Re: BOM Issue using configurations

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi Dylan,

sounds as You haven't changed to "non linked BOM" before creating the second BOM

If You turn off the autolink of boms, the second one should be different to the first one

here a picture where You find it.

Let me know, wether this was the reason

regards

Wolfgang

Linked BOM

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

Yes, you are right Wolfgang, thank you!

Is there a way to unlink the parts lists after placement? I do not see it in any options tab, and it seems strange that this setting is entirely hidden once the parts list is initially placed and not obvious to anyone opening the draft and editing the BOM. 

-Dylan Gondyke

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi Dylan,

as far as I know there is no way to split the linked bom once it is created.

You have to create a new one based on the settings of the old one.

regards

Wolfgang

regards
Wolfgang