Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM filter

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anyone know if there's a way in Solid Edge draft, to filter what's shown in a BOM?

Basically, if any part file contains a specific custom property, it will show in the BOM list, otherwise, it would be omitted.

Any ideas?

Russ

9 REPLIES

Re: BOM filter

Legend
Legend

One method, would be to right click on the component in your assembly, go to Occurance Properties, and turn Drawing Views to No. This can also be done from the top assembly, right click, and shows all components, and turn off what you wish.

Another method, is right click on the BOM list on your draft, go to List Control, select component in question, and choose Exclude in the Selected Item area.

EDIT: I corrected above, turn off Drawing Views

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You're right, we could do that if we wanted to permanently remove it.  We actually are looking at multiple BOM's on a print.  One would contain everything, and the other would be scaled down to only show certain kinds of parts based on a custom property.

Legend
Legend
If I understand, you have multiple BOM's, one BOM based off of an assembly you pick on your draft, and you can't Exclude as needed? I am trying to confirm what direction you are taking, to try and help.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yep, that would work.  We could exclude them manually in the draft.  I'm just looking for a more automatic method.  Having to force someone to go into each of these BOM's and manually exclude them will take time.  Plus if parts are added to the assembly later, the BOM will have to be re-edited to exclude the new part.  Lots of chances here for error, you know what I mean?

Russ 

Legend
Legend

My apologies, I didn't understand the depth of your question. I don't work with different configurations often enough to know if that would work, or not.

I'll follow to learn another trick!

Betreff: BOM filter

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @RBliss

I would suggest to create a config in Your ASM and You can use that one for creating Your BOM

20180314_1901.PNG20180314_1902.PNG

regards
Wolfgang

Legend
Legend

So a configuration would work, good to know.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Our engineer settled on that very process to at least accomplish the goal.  Still not automatic because we've got to remember to update the view config when changes are made.  Was hoping for hands-free alternative but that's the best we have.

Russ

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I like the idea of conditional filters to control what's listed on a BOM. Things like the OP suggested: whether a certain custom property is present. I would also like to see text string filters for excluding file names, property names and/or values, etc. Being limited to manual control or having configs as the only resort is not very robust.

Could also use some search and sort functionality on the list control tab. Especially search.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200