Solved! Go to solution

BOM with Solid Edge TeamCenter

I need explanations in BOM from Solid Edge TeamCenter.

How to purchase parts and put them to BOM from Solid EDGE Team Center.

If anyone know some videos for that tutorials, that will be great to help me.

Thanks

9 REPLIES

Re: BOM with Solid Edge TeamCenter

Are the puchased parts graphic -- have a Solid Edge part file on disk. Or are they non-graphic -- like Paint - with no Solid Edge file . Or are they "want to be graphic" -- i.e. you want to add the part to the BOM and then build it in SE graphically?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Im not too clear about your question.  

Are you trying to add more columns to your BOM that list MFG name Etc?

Are you talking about the Solid Edge parts list or the Teamcenter BVR?

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX10 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.6

[ Edited ]

Usually for purchased parts I recommend users do the following

1. Download/obtain the part from the vendor as a .iges
  2. Open and save as a .par file.  This will allow you to only worry about a single .par file no matter how many components in the purchased part.
  3. Issue a significant part number from your ERP system
  4. Load the .par into Teamcenter under that number
  5. Insert the .par into your assembly as you normally would.
  6. Create a 2D "word" drawing that references the .par file. The word drawing would usually contain info such as vendor, vendor P/N, contact info etc. Be sure to add at least 1 drawing view in the 2D to link the documents.

Option #2 

1.   Insert an additional row into your BOM/Part list/Data tab and type in manually.

I'm curious why you have your ERP system driving part numbers and not Teamcenter.  I would think the PLM system, especially with its naming and numbering rules, would be the master log of ID numbers.

Mostly because TeamCenter is far too cumbersome for most companies PLM requirements. The maintenance overhead for administrators is very high, and the learning curve for new users is very high. It's fine if you have dedicated departments and established training or long enough development cycles. Not good for companies that need to be more agile.

[ Edited ]

Perhaps point #3 should have read "Issue a ERP compatable P/N".  Our company has a web based program (for P/N's) that we have been using for years before TC. After the TC install the site was modified to write the P/N to Teamcenter.  It allowed us to avoid re-training on issuing part numbers through TC. 

@djgreen47, is that program for sale?  I'd like to take a look at it.

Unfortunately no, It was done in house with the help of Siemens.  It is very bare bones, Users with intranet access to the site enter the size, project number and description (drop down), hit OK and out pops a part number.  Behind the scenes the site registers everything in TC and the New Item appears in a folder on the Home Tab.    

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jasmin_power
‎03-13-2017 04:38 AM

Ok, I thinK I found question.

If you can suggest me something with Soldi Edge for Product Development file inside Team Center to organize myself because I work on new prototype and new machines.

So for better organization I woulid like to have some fil inside Sodli Edge Team Centre about that. Is that possieble to put .