Bachelor's Thesis Survey "Chat Extension for Solid Edge"

My name is Markus Müller, I am studying computer science in my 6th semester at the Technical University of Munich. In cooperation with Siemens, I am analyzing if it makes sense to extend Solid Edge with an integrated chat.

If you are a Solid Edge user: It would be great if you could take the time to participate in my online-survey - your participation is vital for the success of my work!

The survey includes a video and takes about 10-15 minutes altogether. The link is: https://www.umfrageonline.com/s/50e46ce Participation is possible both in English and German.

Thank you very much for your help! Feel free to contact me anytime.

5 REPLIES

Re: Bachelor's Thesis Survey "Chat Extension for Solid Edge"

Just finished the survey.

This is a good tool and PTC had toyed with this idea a few years ago.

Can't see a download link for the chat application though.

Best Wishes.

Tushar Suradkar

www.CADVertex.com

Thanks a lot for participating! 

The presented EmbeddedChat add-in is just a prototype I built for my thesis. But if there is some demand, it could evolve into a real ready-to-use application. :-)

Just as long as the function can be completely turned off. For small CAD departments it would be a great tool. For larger ones at large companies, they want to manage the CAD department where only one person goes outside the company to find answers.

Hi Markus,

Would you mind if i twitt it?

Best regards - Florence Galibert, Nordic countries, SE.

MarkusMueller wrote:

My name is Markus Müller, I am studying computer science in my 6th semester at the Technical University of Munich. In cooperation with Siemens, I am analyzing if it makes sense to extend Solid Edge with an integrated chat.

If you are a Solid Edge user: It would be great if you could take the time to participate in my online-survey - your participation is vital for the success of my work!

The survey includes a video and takes about 10-15 minutes altogether. The link is: https://www.umfrageonline.com/s/50e46ce Participation is possible both in English and German.

Thank you very much for your help! Feel free to contact me anytime.

Not at all, go ahead! It would be great if you could post it on twitter. :-)