Background color in draft files

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Why is the ability to change the background color not avaliable in a draft file by right clicking mouse and choosing Background/view overrides? This is avaliable in part & assemby files.

And while I am on draft files, what is the intent for the Model configurations update sequence. I'm refering to a view of an assembly that has a saved view configuration. When placed in a draft file that has view does not alert the user that it is needs updated. Then to further complicate it, when properties dialog is opened for that view, the display tab settings are confusing. There is a check button, that when clicked will show if view is out of date, to the right of that there is a Match selection, that even if checked does not keep view in synch, seems like it needs to be unselected the reselected to bring view up to date.

Both of these may seem like a rant, but maybe I am not grasping concepts and need to be shown the light !

Gary Dinges | Mechanical Design Engineer II | Probes & New Product Development Emerson Climate Technologies | Therm-O-Disc, Inc.| 1320 South Main Street | Mansfield | OH | 44907 | USA T +1 419 525 8554 gary.dinges@emerson.com

2 REPLIES

Re: Background color in draft files

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Gary,

You can alter the graphics area in draft...it's just controlled in a different locale. Mind yourr line colors though.

ST8_DFT_SEOptions_Colors_Sheet.png

As to the assembly view "Check"....yes I understand the confusion & frustration.

It does however have a slightly different function than the regular out of date views monitors.....as they understand geometric & file reference & linking updates, where as the check, handle view point & configuration refreshes.

I interact with this function most, when I have to add a new part in an assembly that has exploded views already set up.....when you have updated the exploded assembly, then the draft of that, you have to update with the "Check" button.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Re: Background color in draft files

PLM World Member Legend PLM World Member Legend
PLM World Member Legend

This should help. Make sure this is checked in options

O also. been using this many many years with success