Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balloon Stacking

Genius
Genius

Hi Guys.

I am trying to stack balloons, but it just won't work.

I have tried multiple ways suggested on here and google and still not working.

I have a bolt and washer in my assembly inserted seperately, not using the parts library.

Instead of having two balloons with 2 leaders, I want 1 leader with stacked balloons.

What am I doing wrong?

3 REPLIES

Betreff: Balloon Stacking

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Dazzie

not really an issue.

Simply select the ballooon an drag it to the second one.

It automactically snaps on it.

Position can be changed.

With Alt-Click You can move it away from the stacked if YOu want.

See video.

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang

Genius
Genius

Hi Phenom.

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately I cannot view video on my work computer yet.

I did try your suggestion below, although I have now got it to work as you and many others suggest.

What I haven't been told or read (but I may have missed it) is that the dotted guideline plays its part in it.

Here is what I found:

1. If both balloons are attached to the guideline then stacking won't work. (please correct me if i'm wrong).

2. If both balloons are not attached to the guideline then stacking works. (woohoo).

3. If the 1st balloon is attached to the guideline, but the 2nd balloon isn't, then stacking works.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Dazzie

sorry for the late answer, but now I have sen Your post and was able to read it and answering.

Finally I have got it what You mean with "Guidline"

OK, this is an IMHO very good function of SE for a couple of versions, allowing among others to align position numbers to a specific curve (line).

As long as a position number is connected to this line You only can move it along it.

But as simple as most times, You only need to hold the ALT key clicked when picking this pos number to move it free from those line.

And now You in the same easy way You can stack it onot any other position number YOu want.

This is something I have done in the video but unfortunately man can not see the ALT click on screen - he, this might be a good enhancement to the screen recorder of SE to show button clicks which concerns SOlid Edge behaviour.

Hope this helps

regards
Wolfgang