Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch Print Option

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I am a SE 9 user & want to use batch.exe from location:

C:\Program Files\Solid Edge ST9\Custom\Batch\Bin

to covert all dft files to pdf with their file name & title of the associated par file (Example: 123456-001_MANIFOLD).

Please let me know if we can set it somwhere to do this default  type OR any macro required to do this.

Thanks,

Shivraj

12 REPLIES

Re: Batch Print Option

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I have customised the Batch.exe several times in the past to add new features.

Batch.exe does not appear to support 2D PDF in its current state, I could not find this in the list of options.

BatchPDF.png

Also did not understand "with their file name & title of the associated par file"

~Tushar

Phenom
Phenom

@Tushar Is .PDF not directly above the 3D PDF you have highlighted? I use this standard batch program to create drawing PDF's all the time.

I think the OP wanted to include additional information in the PDF filename and that is not possible with the standard batch file as far as I know. It simply saves out as the same name as the draft file.

Bob Henry
REH Technical Consulting
Canonsburg, PA 15317

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Tushar for reply.

I would like to convert the file to pdf through Batch where you can find the option with name Adobe (*.pdf) this covnverts the dft to 2D pdf.

Now if I have a dft file with name 123456-001.  Same is created with one par file whose Title in the Fileproperty is written as MANIFOLD then the pdf file to be saved as 123456-001_MANIFOLD

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks,

Shivraj

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Pampac, @rehenryjr, @Tushar

I believe,  that I have done an adabtion to my SE-Export macro to use the same  file naming conventions for filename and foldername, but based onto the batch macro. 

Maybe it must believhave modified and be translated ontologisch English. 

I will keep You informed. 

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Phenom

Oops. It was hiding in plain sight, just above the item selected in my screenshot.

@Pampac would it be ok if I write a macro to change the draft file names to append the Title property from its related part file, so you could still use the batch.exe to export a PDF?

I think then this will require an antidote program to change the draft file names to its original  ones; or alternatively copy the drafts to a new folder where they could be renamed using my macro.

Though I would prefer waiting for an adaptation of Worlfgang's macro since it already exists.

Hi @Tushar

using the batch macro fro printing to PDF would need an extra PDF printer or an adaption to use a save as PDF from draft

As mentioned, I believe that I have done this a couple of years ago - just have to search for it.

regards
Wolfgang

Gears Phenom

Yes. As I agree, it would be better to use something already available than writing a new macro.

Hi @Tushar

Hi @Pampac

Hi @rehenryjr

and - sometimes I wonder about myself - I have found the modified batch macro, and it already was set to be used in English or German and so I can put it here as attachment in English

Please - ATTENTION - take first a look into the INI file.

There nearly evrything can and must be defined.

This means, You can define

• where (folder) the PDFs should come into.
    This can be an absolute path or a realtive to the draft file folder
  • what the PDF filename should be

For both definitions You can use any property text from the draft file, using the typical SE proeprty call out syntax like
%{propertyname}

During the macro execution I replace any of these placeholders by the appropriate text

Please keep in mind that for the filename itself only the German verb %{Dateiname} is used, as well as for Time, which is %{Zeit} and Date which is %{Datum}

This is thought for adding the time and date of printing to the filename for differ between different versions and printouts.

All the other options are set by certain numbers/values which are explained within the INI file in German as well as English.

So please take a short look into.

If there are any questions, don't hesitate to aske me via the forum or via personal mail

Hope it helps

PS.: the INI  syntax is the same as for the single version SE-Export

PS2.: You can save PDF as well as DXF from draft or even both at the same time

regards
Wolfgang

PLM World Member Valued Contributor PLM World Member Valued Contributor
PLM World Member Valued Contributor
Hi Wolfgang,
I use SE-Export almost every day it is handy and very useful. May I ask you if you could write a similar program for exporting step. files. Currently I use Batch.exe but would be better to be able to export step file automatically from an open file.
Thank you,
Marc