Solved! Go to solution

Batch configure 'Hardware part' Property?

Hello there, simple question here!

I was wondering if there's any way of adjusting the 'Hardware part' flag, found under Project Properties, of a number of files automatically.

Currently, having to open each file and change the flag manually is a pain, specially when you have hundred of bolt, nut and washers parts.

As far as I have guessed, the Property Manager can't deal with that property, which is a bit weird, so my last chance is writing some code, since the value is visible from the API. There's not really a more straighforward way?

Thanks in advance

11 REPLIES

Re: Batch configure 'Hardware part' Property?

You are right and the Batch program under the Custom folder of Solid Edge is a good starting point for such task; it provides a ready-to-use framework for batch processing files. You will need to add a UI element and the code snippet underneath to handle the specific task.

~Tushar

Yes, programming seems the only way. Thanks for your fast answer.

However, let's be sincere and let my heart talk:

Maybe is cute for a beginner-level introductory programming tutorial, but that "app" shouldn't be included as a "functional reality" in 2016, when, at the same time, SE competitors are offering awesome commercial vids which show finite element analysis using Game of Thrones as background.

In fact, I would remove the compiled files of "batch" from the SE installation, so avoiding that non-programmers reach that app and think of it like a real part inside the default toolset. That was just obsolete 10 years ago.

Just my toughts.. again, much thanks!

@Tushar "Ready to use"? If you know how. I, for one, haven't a clue.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

[ Edited ]

I have a macro to do this.

I will post it when I (finally) get access to my home pc again (doing the dreaded W10 update and it isn't going well.

Finally got it to install this morning but then when I was logged in the screen went black and I can only get into safe mode.

What a way to spend your holiday.

HP Z420 16GB RAM
Quadro K4000
ST7 MP10 on Windows 7 Pro 64.
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author javigoca
‎07-20-2016 11:22 AM

Property Manager works. Just add the column.
Right click on the column header and add the column.
Launch Property Manager from View and Markup to set random files.
LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

@JasonTitcomb, what property relates to "hardware part"?

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

HardwarePart.png

LMGi
www.TLMGi.com

Many thanks!

Launching from View and markup was the trick, no need to program, so.

In fact, the property is reachable within SE Property Manager itself in any assembly or part.

I was trying to find it in the 'Show properties' menu, instead of the 'Columns' menu, where it resides.

Thanks for the lesson ;-)