Batch processor in custom folder - needs improvement

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

Hello,

I've tried using the batch processor in the custom folder of ST6 and it needs some improvement compared to the older batch processor.

1.  I can't seem to set an export folder.  The older batch processor allowed you to drag and drop a destination folder.  The ST6 version puts it where the source files are located.

2.  Multi sheet drawings do not get processed.  The ST6 batch processor will only do the 1st sheet.  This is a real problem.   I have drawings with several sheets.

3.  When browsing for a source folder, the folder selected drops to the bottom of the window requiring scrolling to be able to go to sub folders.  You can drag the dialogue box to a larger size, but the folder picked should move up to the top of the window.

It's a handy tool but it needs some improvments to make it really efficient.

For now, I'm going to stay with the older batch processor.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1
6 REPLIES

Re: Batch processor in custom folder - needs improvement

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I guess I wasn't aware we changed this. Between what releases are you saying it changed? Do you have before/after pictures or something? maybe I just am too far from the action here.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

PLM World Member Phenom

Hi Dan,

Sorry for the confusion, the "older" batch processor I'm using was created by another SE user.  I just can't remember who it was.  I've used it for a few years.  I thought SE took that one and incorporated it into the custom folder.  I grabbed a picture of the two side by side.

The older batch processor has an output folder.  Even that one could benefit from a pull down box to select a folder rather than a drag and drop since doing so requires the use of Windows Explorer.

Selection of an output folder is pretty important, but I can workaround it.  Not translating multiple sheets is a show stopper.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Legend
Legend

The older one is done by Klaus Dahlenburg..

http://www.incobase.de/Download_Soft.html#batch

I'm using version  5.0.60 for several years. (Thanks Klaus)

Kind Regards,

Jan

PLM World Member Phenom

Jan,

Thanks for jogging my memory.  I've been using it for a few years now and it is a life saver when I have to send dozens of drawings to our vendors.  The only improvement I would recommend is to have a browsing system for the output folder.  Klaus gets many kudos for his batch processor.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST10 MP1

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't know if Klaus reads here or perhaps someone can ping him, but if his Open/Save is free, we'd likely be happen to incorporate in the regular SE examples if he sends it to us.

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Kyle, I've noticed when using some automation tools for bulk translation that you sometimes need to go through the translation manually and set the Save As options first, then theautomation will work, however this is not true for all as some correctly will set the options themselves through the automation.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1