Bend lines in flat?

Is there a way to display the actual bend lines in flat pattern view? What displays by default is the start and end of a bend, not the actual bend line.

5 REPLIES

Re: Bend lines in flat?

[ Edited ]

Hi Scott,

You'll want to set the "Tangent" edges to display....obviously, in your template if you want to make this a default.

EDIT: ...or did you mean the actual bend lines? [within the same flat pattern view properties...select the "Annotation" tab]

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Thank you Sean,

I'm not talking about drafting views. I'm referring to the model view of the flat pattern. This is where I need the bend line so I can move my folding table work (Dimensions and math) to the model file from the draft file. My current work around is to add a sketch to the flat pattern view, but this disappears if the flat fails.

If I could get the bend line to show in model flat view, it would be one less step to recover for a failing flat.

[ Edited ]

I'm sorry, I missed that the menu you are  showing me had PSM displayed. Is this a new function of ST8? I'm still on ST7 and my annotation tab only shows a few options that do not include what you are showing me.

I was hoping to wait until MP1 to move to ST 8. When I moved to ST7 before MP1 I got burned a few times. This may be the motivating factor to move up to ST8.

Was that opened under "Solid Edge Option" or somewhere else.

Also, I'm wondering if this is a feature I don't have because I'm using a fundamental license or the Upgrade to ST8.

Hi Scott,

Oh I see...you want the center lines displayed in the 3D flattened model. That would be a nice Enhancement Request, as I too have had occasion to want the same thing [for different reasons] and resort to placing sketch entities & dimension to them, to give the feedback I need, prior to a draft being made.

The Annotation tab is of the 2D flat pattern in draft, view properties....I'm sure that these were the same as in ST7. I'm not near an ST7 equipped machine to check at the moment, sorry.

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

[ Edited ]

Cool...I'm not crazy. I was looking all over the place for the switches in the model environment.

Thanks Sean!

Note: That kind of sketch and dimensions is my source material for making my personal bend tables. I take dimensions from edge to bend, or the start/end of the previous bend to the next bend, then add a thickness and radius as required to end up with the real back gage and stick out dimensions I'm required to display for every part.