problem is and what to do next time.

Thanks,

Ofir.

6 REPLIES

Re: Bending Degree‏

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi there Ofir,

Hard to tell exactly what aspect is causing your difficulty.....would be better if you posted the original Solid Edge sheet metal files.....along with the draft files that don't read correct for you.

I opened those Parasolid files and flat patterned them in ST8 without issue....all bends had retrievable info.

@AMTAL_Bending Degree.jpg

Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Limited
Solid Edge ST10 [MP0] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi again Ofir,

Without having ST2 on hand to return files you can use....I tried a workaround, in what I think will get the draft to display the correct values [or any at all, in this case]....I vaguely recall encountering this way back on earlier versions of SE.

What I'm suggesting you try, is run the "Bend Table" command, found on the "Tools" tab....this I think forces SE to add the missing processing step that callout text in draft is looking for.

Your other part, with triangulated bending, displays contour flange in the bend table, rather than individual bends, but the bend callouts in draft work as expected. Hopefully that works for you.

ST8_PSM_Ordered_Tools_BendTable.png

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter

Before I asked the question here, one of the things I tried to do was to see through the  Band table command, and it didn't  work.

I think it happens when I use the Lofted Flange command.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Well then, I'm stumped for a solution...made especially hard not being on the same version as you.

Actually....what ST2 maintenance patch are you on? Possible that it may have been resolved in one of them.

Sean Cresswell
Windows 10

Experimenter
Experimenter
Well, thanks for trying.

Ofir.