Solved! Go to solution

Best practis with Revison Manager ?

I have been using RM for some time, I would open a file anything from a part to assemblies in RM. I would begain by selecting the top level item right clicking and selecting revise. I would then run through all the items with in the open file (if its an assembly) and do the same to all the lower levels that needed to be revised. finaly i would make sure all the associated drafts were revised as well.

about a year ago i started to open RM and instead of opening the file directly i would use the "Life cycle assistant option" under the Insight tab to preform various tast.

Now what about the "Revison Manager Assistant" under the tool tab?

How do they differ? what is the best practise to relase and revise drawings?? any thoughts?

Nathan

Nathan M. Gardner

https://www.etsy.com/people/NathanMGardner

Be sure to check out my work!!
Made in Maine Wood Carvings

2 REPLIES
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author ngardner
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Re: Best practis with Revison Manager ?

The Revision Manager assistant is kind of a "Wizard" to do a variety of things such as  Copy, Rename/Move, etc... not specific to Insight managed files.  The Lifecycle Assistant is only used for Insight managed files and relies on the Insight based settings in the Options.xml file and/or the Manage tab of the Revision Manager Options.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

Re: Best practis with Revison Manager ?

I'm in the habbit of opening the draft file in revision manager, and allowing it pull all the associated model files with the draft file. If there is not connection from draft to model files, or no assembly driven part, then I just use explorer to copy a simple part file. As soon as there is a single link between any file, then I use revision manager to move the files and maintain the links.