Best remote desktop for Solid Edge?

Builder
Builder

The subject says it all. What is the best remote desktop for modeling away from work. Yes I have a home license, but I would like to have the power of my workstation on my laptop via remote desktop.

21 REPLIES

Re: Best remote desktop for Solid Edge?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you happen to have a HP "Z" workstation at work, then you can use their RGS software as it is included with "Z" workstations free.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Builder
Builder

Unfortunately I have a Dell workstation. So I do not have access to that software. I have heard good things about splashtop and I am aware of Kainy. Kainy is meant for gaming so I imagine it would be a good option to try out. I have also heard good things about the new windows rdp.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Since Dell and HP are pretty even competitors, I would be suprised if Dell did not have a free solution comparable to the HP RGS software.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP3

Phenom
Phenom

I use a Z400, what is "RGS software"? Man Embarassed

...........................................................................................................
Solid Edge ST10 & AutoCAD 2018.1 user

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor
Joris,....here's a link....

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/m/campaigns/workstations/remote-graphics-software.html
Sean Cresswell
Design Manager Streetscape Ltd
Solid Edge ST10 [MP2] Classic [x2 seats]
Windows 10 - Quadro P2000

Experimenter
Experimenter

You can purchase HP Remote Graphics Softare (RGS) for use with Dell

Phenom
Phenom

@KennyGRGS software? Does this come preinstalled? I have a HP Z420, I don't have this software or cannot seem to find it.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Experimenter
Experimenter

You need to download the latest version from www.hp.com/go/rgs. When you install it, the software will see it is on an HP Z worksation and it will not ask for additional licensing.

Pioneer
Pioneer

I've been using TeamViewer, way better than the remote desktop that comes with windows, both in speed and features