Solved! Go to solution

Blocks with drop down selection

I am looking to create smart blocks that allow the users to select specific information for each define field in the block. I was hoping that I could apply a drop down list for the user to choose from.

I am using the free 2D version of SE for this application.

Think of a block consisting of a circle divided in 4 quadrants. I have values for each quadrant but I want the user to be able to pick from a listing for each quadrant. That way they don't enter incorrect data.

4 REPLIES

Re: Blocks with drop down selection

[ Edited ]

You know I didn't ask a question in my post...is it possible to create blocks with a list-type pulldown for attributes?

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author RyanM
‎09-02-2016 04:16 PM

[ Edited ]

I got the implied question Smiley Happy And it's a good one. Given the deafening silence you may be SOL.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP3 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

I have not seen any block features such as this as you have in autocad which is a shame. SE has a fairly strong 3d side but the 2d side is barely even a second thought.

I can only compare the Free 2D from Solid Edge with the DraftSight from Dassault System/Solidworks. I can say the free 2D from SE is leaps and bounds beyond DraftSight.

I don't mind 2D side of things. Granted it is all sketch-based 2D but that is fine with me. The block, table functions and abilty to utilize images is a great tool for what we use it for.