Blog Topic Suggestion Box

I'd like to get some suggestions from folks about things you would like to read about, particularly blog topics. We have some exciting guest authors coming up who will cover a range of topics from how to get the most from the documentation, to CAMWorks for Solid Edge, to a CAD authority/celebrity writing about the history, application and future of NURBS. We're bringing together customers, SPLM employees and industry experts involved to bring you information you won't find anywhere else.

We've already had popular guest posts on Keyshot from Justin Linnert and Cadenas by Mark Burhop.

In order to keep great articles coming, I'd like to hear from you. Don't make me guess about what kinds of things are most important to you, just tell me, and I'll work to get articles on your favorite Solid Edge topics. Leave a comment to nominate an article you would like to see written.

Retired Community Manager for Solid Edge. This account is no longer active.
15 REPLIES

Re: Blog Topic Suggestion Box

Personally I would like to see a thorough BLOG post about complete workflow thought and usage of some not widely used functions, for instance:  Zero-D/Virtual Components and using this from concept through revision as a layout/design tool, strict 2D usage of Draft including the proper/intended use of the 2D Model sheet with the Working Sheets, Schematics using blocks and connectors, Wire Harness, XpressRoute, Standard Parts (setup/upgrade/add user parts).  These ideally should be done by the Product Managers of which thought out and designed these functions to work harmoniously together.

I would also like to see more posts that get a little antagonistic with the competition like the one you recently posted about deleting the rounds, but maybe just a bit more antagonistic even :-)

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

More antagonistic?!? Let me look. I might have some of that in my bag of trixSmiley Very Happy

I like the virtual components idea. I'll work on that. Schematics would be cool too. Thanks for the suggestions.

I might be able to get a product manager to write here and there, but probably not as a regular thing. I can generally get them to help by showing me stuff, and offering examples.

Thanks also for all your help with the community, Ken. Your efforts, and those of others are paying off. Solid Edge has the most traffic of all the categories in the overall Siemens PLM Community.

Ken hit upon a few of them right there. I would add the Simulation environment and adding/creating visual styles/textures, since these are weak points for me and the tutorials aren't that great. Steve's chandelier creation demos were great for this, but they dove into the deep end pretty quickly and they aren't readily available online right now. 

-Dylan Gondyke

Chally,

I'm going to have to look for volunteers for the Simulation articles. I agree that one's important, but I'll need to get some help for that one. Would you like to nominate someone to write that article?

I think I can do the visual styles. I think I have Steve's presentation somewhere.

Thanks again for the suggestions. This will keep me busy for a while.

Ken, would you like to step up? Smiley Tongue

In all seriousness, I have no idea who to look to for simulation/animation areas of Solid Edge, and it is a dark and dusty corner of the software for me. Looking forward to more posts, Matt.

-Dylan

-Dylan Gondyke

Hi, I have a few videos where I walk through an analysis unsing SE Simulation start to finish.  See http://solidedgevideos.blogspot.com/2012/09/getting-most-out-of-solid-edge.html and http://solidedgevideos.blogspot.com/2012/09/solid-edge-st3-simulation.html and let me know if you have suggestions on what else you want to see. Thanks.

Matt, if you don't get someone to do a Simulation post, I'll help out.  I was the product manager for it a few years ago.  I'll have to do it on my own time but it would be fun.

One quesiton for the community would be what people want to learn.  Are people wanting to know how FEA works, or why it is useful or just how to get pretty pictures?

Mark

Madison, your videos are great.

Matt, just wrap a blog post around that Smiley Happy

You know, Mark, we could team up on this. You could write something advanced, and I could do what I do - fumble around and figure stuff out from a rank beginner's point of view. It would give me the chance to learn something new, and serve both ends of the user base. I'll make sure to use Madison's videos too.Smiley Wink