Blue screen of death on different computers - all seem to be related to nvidia drivers

Hello,

We've had a rash of blue screens on our two workstations that are running Windows 10 with nVidia Quadro 2000 cards.  Also, my computer at home had blue screen issues with an nVidia GTX460.  I'm not running Solid Edge on the home machine, but it sures seems there is some new issue between Windows 10 and nVidia drivers.

All three machines have a stop code that says:  SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED

What failed:  nvlddmkm.sys

I updated the driver on my home machine and am waiting to see how it does.

For the 2 workstations, I'm running the 369.26 driver.

Is anyone else running into these problems.  They just started about a week ago.

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1
16 REPLIES

Re: Blue screen of death on different computers - all seem to be related to nvidia drivers

Yes and No. 

No in that I don't get blue screen of death

Yes in that I have problems with Nvidia and Windows 10. I use a K4200 and need to reboot every 1 to 3 hours to clear out the vid ram. Without clear vid ram, I can't select geometry that needs to be selected. 

I should never have to reboot one hour after turning the computer one. This only happens when I have complex geometry up. Nothing to do with the part counts, just the polygon counts.

Re: Blue screen of death on different computers - all seem to be related to nvidia drivers

I would suggest to downgrade the nVidia driver to a WHQ version.
I had a lot of crash of ST9 before doing it on a Win 10 laptop.

Hi,

We have lots of issues with W10... It's terrible, I use W7 & W8.1 these run without any problems...

BR,

Imics
http://solidedgest.wordpress.com/

Hello,

Does anyone know what the previous certified nVidia driver was for Solid Edge?

The one I currently have is:

369.29-quadro-grid-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

Could I have the wrong one?

Kyle

Kyle Joiner
IPA LLC
ST9 MP1

We have a couple of W10 computers using ST9.

A Dell Precision 7510 with a Quadro M2000M card - this has struggled with crashes and lock ups on recent NVidia drivers 375.63 and 375.86 but I have found that it runs OK (with one minor glitch - if you change the font size in the prompt bar by clicking enlarge more than twice, SE exits).

I contacted NVidia to ask them the latest certified driver for ST9 - to be told they don't certify any more and I would need to contact Siemens - I asked our reseller to find out from them but have not had a reply.

NVidia have given me a link to archived drivers, if anyone needs them please email

As it happens my home computer is a Surface Book with a big NVidia GeForce card - it has no issues running ST9 with the current driver. Interestingly, not much in it for performance either.

Hope this helps

[ Edited ]

@kjoiner 375.86 is the current version from NVIDIA for Win 10.  Given the newness and issues that they had with Win 10, I would try to stay current with the driver.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/111412/en-us

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

[ Edited ]

And for those using Notebook/Laptop/Mobile Workstations, you should not use the NVIDIA distributed drivers.  Those drivers are reference drivers intended for the hardware vendors to test and tweek for their hardware.  Your hardware vendor will then post a tested and certified driver for their implementation of the GPU in their hardware.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10

Sorry to disagree with Ken Grundey but;

As I mentioned earlier, 375.86 certainly does not work with my Dell Precision 7510/QuadroM2000 and W10 pairing.

David

On my laptop with win10 and nVidia Quadro M500M Lenovo installed driver version is 368.71 and ST9 works very well.

I would stay away from any 37x.xx Driver version until it's proven certified.