Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Break (detach) pattern

Experimenter
Experimenter
I am not able to find detach of option for pattern in solid edge ordered. I want to break , detach pattern from its parent design body.
7 REPLIES

Betreff: Break (detach) pattern

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi @bhairav

as so often before saying "I think there is no break/detach function in orderer!", I must ask what the intend would be.

Maybe there is another workflow possible to achieve the wanted goal, but using a different feature for it.

regards
Wolfgang

Re: Break (detach) pattern

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean bhairav.  What I've found convenient in ordered is adding a cylindrical surface in my template with an axis going through it.  I make a lot of round parts.  Any circular pattern I do will be from the center of the cylinder and based off the top plane instead of body features.  That way it's not based on the body and will not fail from future editing of the body.  Any Revolve feature is based on the axis of the cylinder instead of the a plane.  If I need to change the sketch plane of the revolution, I can do it easily as the revolution axis is not the front edge of a plane.

Matt

HI @bhairav

or is Your question in a sense of synchronous detaching, that mean the Supress function in Ordered?

To temporarily turn of a feature?

regards
Wolfgang

Phenom
Phenom

@MattS  That is actually genius. I'm gonna use this. I can think of a few ways this would be beneficial. Dude, brilliant. Thanks.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hope it works well for you @nominus38.  If you add an axis to your template, you'll have to leave it turned on (in your template), otherwise it won't save.  Once you use it in a part you can turn on and off as needed.  The cylinder can be turned off in the template.  Most of the stuff I do is top-down assembly, so having a 20" long axis to use for a revolve axis is nice.  If I'm working 10-20" below my planes, the axis is right there to use.  And of course, it's alway in the center.

Experimenter
Experimenter

thanks for your reply , basically I want to know is there any option in ordered module to detach parent feature from pattern , like in synchronous module.

Hi @bhairav

no I don't think so!

Ordered, as the name implies, is strictly based on a certain order of features.

The suppression (detaching) of an earliere feature has imense implications on later one

regards
Wolfgang