Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brick Wall Hatching

Hi All,

I'm working on a project that is mostly steel, but needs to line up with some associated Brickwork.

I have 2 questions:

- 1. Has anyone successfully configured a "Brick" hatch, and if so, any tips on how to create it.  I can get the fundamentals ok, but that the spacings for the 'dashed' vertical lines are difficult.

- 2. Scaling.  Is there a way that a hatch can be locked to be a specific size, and not proportional to Zoom or Print.  I dont think its possible in Edge, but would be great if there was a way to lock it.

David

David Finlay
6 REPLIES

Re: Brick Wall Hatching

Gears Honored Contributor Gears Honored Contributor
Gears Honored Contributor

Hi David:

For (2) I can only guess you are looking for adjusting the display of a hatch pattern on the screen vs. how it apears when printed. A setting in the Options dialog controls this.

DisplayAsPrintedSetting.png

I also have a little macro that toggles this, saving time to open the Options dialog and change the setting.

Please refer this page.

I will give a shot to creating a brick hatch pattern, just need to brush some forgotten information from my own articles:

Custom Linetypes and Hatch Patterns - Part 1

Custom Linetypes and Hatch Patterns - Part 2

~Tushar

Here is my attempt at creating the brick hatch pattern:

1. The BrickLine linetype - simple dashed lines

BrickPattern02.png

First element in the brick pattern - continuous

BrickPattern03.png

Second element in the brick pattern - BrickLine

BrickPattern04.png

Third element in the brick pattern - BrickLine again

BrickPattern05.png

Pattern consumed in a fill style and used in the Draft.

BrickPattern01.png

Tushar

www.SurfAndCode.IN

Highlighted

@trangimagineering

If you find the 2 questions are answered, you may mark all appropriate posts as 'Accepted Solution'.

Thanks.

Tushar

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Awesome little tutorial, @Tushar. I'd never delved into this before. To complete the lesson I added a fill style based on the BrickPattern hatch, saved the draft template and we're good to go.

Bruce Shand
ST10 MP10 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

@bshand I am glad someone other than the OP tried it out, and great tip about including it in the Draft template.

Consuming the hatch pattern in a fill style is the tricky part, unlike AutoCAD where the hatch style is used directly in a drawing.

But an advantage of Solid Edge fills, especially in 2D drafting workflows is, they can be drag-dropped from one region to another, saving refilling and adjusting properties in the new region.

I am still waiting for @trangimagineering to acknowledge that one or more of the replies were helpful and mark them as 'Accepted Solutions'.

Thanks @Tushar that worked great, much appreciated.

David

David Finlay