Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bringing the position of features (coordinates X, Y, Z) from 3D to 2D automatically

Experimenter
Experimenter

I need know how I can bring the information from the position coordinates of features from 3D to 2D. ,

Actually I fulfil manually the coordinates in "Feature Control Frame", I want to know how i can bring this information from 3D automatically.

6 REPLIES

Re: Bringing the position of features (coordinates X, Y, Z) from 3D to 2D automatically

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Look at "Exposed Variables" and then use "Property Text" calling the Exposed Vars

===================================================
Matt Johnson
Solid Edge Certified Professional (ST7 & ST8)
Solid Edge ST9 (SEEC) - Production
NX11 (Tc Integration) Pre-Production Testing
Teamcenter 10.1.7

Re: Bringing the position of features (coordinates X, Y, Z) from 3D to 2D automatically

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Use the Retrive Dimension command which will pull the FCF from the 3D to the draft.

Use the command finder to search for a command on the ribbon.

Tushar

www.SurfAndCode.IN

Betreff: Bringing the position of features (coordinates X, Y, Z) from 3D to 2D automatically

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Hi to all,

but I think this request as a needed enhancement especially for big steel constructions where man need to get the z-level of certain areas or the x,y values of cross sections 

I never have seen it in a design like Your example but it also would be helpfull here.

regards
Wolfgang

Betreff: Bringing the position of features (coordinates X, Y, Z) from 3D to 2D automatically

Experimenter
Experimenter

I need to show at 2D the coordinates of datums target and some features to construction of inspection devices. Now i do it manually, but i want discover how can i do it automatically.

HI @Francis1984

what I'm using therefore are coordinate dimensions based on the base coordinate system of the part.

So You will recieve the coordinate value in one direction, what means You have to create those dims in more than one view, but You will get it automatically and correct.

regards
Wolfgang

hawcad schrieb:

HI @Francis1984

what I'm using therefore are coordinate dimensions based on the base coordinate system of the part.

So You will recieve the coordinate value in one direction, what means You have to create those dims in more than one view, but You will get it automatically and correct.

Hi @Francis1984

see video, explaining what I mentioned before.

(view in My Videos)

regards
Wolfgang