Broken-Out improve request

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Experts,

We would like to see in next ST small change with Broken-Outs in draft.

It would be nice to have many broken outs done in one step rather than one broken out per one step.

Why I can't do broken out in auxiliary views?? This should be improved as well in the next release.

Thanks a lot!

Cb

7 REPLIES

Re: Broken-Out improve request

Maby I don't understand the question complete but you can select multiple broken out section views in a drawing view.
It seems strange if you want to create multiple borken section views with one command in 3D part.
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Daniel, In one step? If yes please describe how.
Why not? I wanna show many details in one view i.e.

Genius
Genius

Yes this could be usefull

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7

Ok, here it goes.

See the attached documents (ST7 format).

There is a part (works also with assemblies and sheet metal files) called Brokenout section views.par.

I have created some features and placed two brokenout section views in the 3D part.

Saved the model and placed it in a default draft.

Did RM on the view and go to Sections, checked both section views.

Brokenout section views.png

In draft it's not able to place multiple brokenout section views in a view, but in 3D it can. Perhaps you already knew this, there I stated that it's possible that I don't understood the question.

-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

And, is this what you were looking for?
-------
Daniël Schuiling
Solid Edge ST7
Teamcenter 10

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

The broken out section are not very handy sometimes. I can't remember what, but I end up not using them and creating another view entirely to show what I want most of the time.

When I do use them (historically) I like to use a connecting line from the small circle to the large circle to avoid adding a lable and finding that lable.....just follow the line. This way of connecting the view source and destination is not available. I wish it was.

Builder
Builder

I would second the request for an automatic connected views option for btoken out and detail views. Often much less messy and easier to follow than A-A, B-B, Detail C, etc.