Bulk change units in SE files

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Does anyone has had a change yet to figure a way to bulk change the unit and derivated unit settings and this for both the values and the precision.

As we are using more and more the porperties avalaible in SE (as more become usable via call-out and property text), we have a large amount of files which needs to be update on the different values and precisions used.

If noboady has found a way, does anyone has a macro he/she is willing to share?

--------------------------------------------------

Marc Boom
marc.boom@eurotechbenelux.com
www.eurotechbenelux.com / www.quayquip.com
4 REPLIES

Re: Bulk change units in SE files

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Marc,

What kind of macro are you looking.

If you can describe the requirements in more details in addition to what posted already, I would be glad to write one for you.

~Tushar

www.SurfAndCode.in

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Tushar

What I have in my mind is a simply, single window program, with the following items:
- folder selection; it would be a simple process all in a folder (or if not too much work, it might be a selection between selected files, selected folder or selected folder and sub-folder).
- A table layout to set the values for the different units / tolerances per file type (ASM/PAR/PSM/DFT).

Either all units can be done in the macro or a selection could be done.
In case of a selection, IMHO, the following units would be feasible for change: Length, Mass, Angle, Area, Volume, Density. These are what I would see as core units. The others are more specific for specific parts of the program.

Feel free to do different is you think it me be more efficient in a different way.

Marc Boom

Genius
Genius

I use this macro from Klaus Dahlenburg (www.incobase.de)

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the tip.

Forgot about the site from Klaus.

Marc Boom