CAD Viewers for Engineers

Builder
Builder

Edgers

Just looking for feed back on what your using as a main CAD viewer for your engineering users (non CAD folk)

All they require is view and measuring needs.  3D measure and 2D measure between parts in an assembly....

I started using JT2Go and the JT format which is great for viewing but seem to be lacking very badly its simple measuring functionality??

Your thoughts

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit
DELL T5810 3.7-4Ghz 32Gb ECC
3 REPLIES

Re: CAD Viewers for Engineers

Builder
Builder

Forgot to mention this is to view mineral plants in multi disiplinary environment??

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@mspadmin

Everyone here in my company are very spoiled with current plant JT models of current projects. Not just internal to our company, but clients, vendors, fabricators, etc. as well.

The latest JT2Go version has some very impressive measuring capability. I strongly recommend you have a look at it.

If you want you can download my deployment solution for the JT2Go viewer and change it to suit your environment.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9n9quh5jhl5ekcg/AAC5uWY_ahwI8gbcyBfb_Yxga?dl=0

Let me know if this link does not work. It should take you to a Dropbox containing a single zip file of ±172MB.

The JT2Go development team in my opinion did some good work here with this version. I like it alot.

Builder
Builder

Thx Pieter yes Id put a deployment script together but not with as many features yours provided.  These are good ideas.

Cheers

Phil

ST9
WIN 7Pro 64bit