Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAD models, automobiles, where to find?

Legend
Legend

Anyone recommend some good CAD file download sites for automobiles? I'm looking for a JKU Jeep Wrangler, searched the grabcad, 3D cadbrowser, etc, nothing out there worth a darn. Wanting to look at making some parts, and using to do some renderings.

4 REPLIES

Re: CAD models, automobiles, where to find?

Phenom
Phenom

Most of what I found aren't totally accurate, a lot of dummy models that look good, but below the surface there's basically nothing. My boss has a Jeep that we had to make a bunch of parts for.

Solid Edge 2019
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @Trikefreak,

try Grabcad.com

regards,

Arek

edit : seen that you were on grabcad ...

maybe try to find some blueprints of car parts ?

https://www.pinterest.co.uk/kwakman99/mechanical-drawings-blueprints-cad-drawings/?lp=true

Production: SE ST10 MP8
;

Legend
Legend

@nominus38 wrote:

Most of what I found aren't totally accurate, a lot of dummy models that look good, but below the surface there's basically nothing. My boss has a Jeep that we had to make a bunch of parts for.

The Pirate 4x4 site has a complete CJ7 done up in solidworks with a full set of production drawings and bill of material. 

I have seen a few different frames with dummy models for axles and such for YJ and TJ. I have seen a few axle stiffiner models and a few skid plates but not a full jeep for the YJ+

Phenom
Phenom

@Trikefreak wrote:

Anyone recommend some good CAD file download sites for automobiles? I'm looking for a JKU Jeep Wrangler, searched the grabcad, 3D cadbrowser, etc, nothing out there worth a darn. Wanting to look at making some parts, and using to do some renderings.

You'll have a hard time finding OEM files on the internet, someone may post a few here & there but doubtful. Anyone that does have them isn't supposed to upload to the internet if they got them thru SEMA.  If you're serious about making parts Join SEMA as a manufacturer member and you'll have access to them. Last I remember it was $700 or so a year.

-Craig