CAN I GENERATE A PART LIST WITH ALL THE GEREAL MEASSURES FOR EACH PART IN A ASSEMBLY MODEL?

I WANT TO GENERATE A PART LIST WITH THE GENERAL MEASSURES OF EACH PART THAT CONFORMS THE ASSEMBLY.

2 REPLIES

Re: CAN I GENERATE A PART LIST WITH ALL THE GEREAL MEASSURES FOR EACH PART IN A ASSEMBLY MODEL?

If you have an example (jpg, pdf, or png) that you can post from a previous software (or manual) method used to create what you asked for, we can probably get pretty specific on how to do it.

The short answer is yes. The long answer revolves around setting up the model correctly, exposing variables, combining property text within the P/L field, and possibly a few more steps.

Re: CAN I GENERATE A PART LIST WITH ALL THE GEREAL MEASSURES FOR EACH PART IN A ASSEMBLY MODEL?

Our machine design guys do this with blank sizes of machined parts.  They have Lenght, Width Height variables set up and exposed as properties in their template.  Then when modeling they tie the dims to the variable and the varuables are then used in the Parts List.  Basically just what Scott said.

Ken Grundey
Production: ST9 MP6
Testing: ST10