CHANGE PRESENT VIEW

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Sir,

How can i change the view of part, assembly model (front to top) means change plane front to top

Thnaks & regards

Please reply

9 REPLIES

Re: CHANGE PRESENT VIEW

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Do you actually want to move the complete model or assembly to a different plane? Or do you just want to see the model in front or top view?

If you just want to see the model in different view, you have to click on View menu and then you have there View group. In this group, you have different icons for different views. The same icons are also at the bottom right of the Solid Edge window.

Then there are also shortcuts (ctrl+T for top, ctrl+F for front, etc.).

But if you want to move the model to a different view (oredered mode), you have to reorient the sketch of the first feature. Right click on the sketch and select Edit Definition. Then select the first icon (Plane Step) and select different plane. But be careful. Changing the plane for the first sketch can cause a lot of trouble with updating the other features.

If you are modeling in Synchronous mode, then just select the whole body and rotate it to the appropriate orinetation. Maybe you will just have to turn off some of Live Rules.

And the same is with assembly. You have to reorient first model, that was placed to the assembly. And again, doing this can cause you a lot of problems. You will have to fix some relationships from other parts, constrained to this first part. And then you will find, that you have to reorient some more parts, etc.

Maybe, you can do this by opening new file and importing the assembly or part into this new file (home/clipboard/part copy). There you will have an option to reorient the impored part.

So, when I think about reorienting the model, I ask myself first, why do I need this?

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Sir,

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks fro reply

But, i have roatate the view permenantly (ex. front to top) any option for change view

Thanks

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

If you are referring to Draft's Drawing Views, once placed you can not change orientation of the model shown in them.  You must delete them and recreate the Drawing View using the correct orientation.

If you are talking about a model in a Part/Sheet Metal file and want to change it's orientation with respect to the global coordinate system, then the process is different depending on what kind of model you are referring to (Ordered or Synchronous).

In an Ordered model, it may be very difficult to change orientation depending on what planes where used to base the features on.  You have to start with your first feature and modify the plane step and then select the new plane that will change it's orientation.  Often there are downstream features that will fail and thus need fixed.

In a Synchronous model, you simply select the entire model and suspend all live rules and then use the Steering Wheel to rotate the body to the orientation that you wish.

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP10
Testing: ST10 MP1

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Maybe the best thing to do is understand the WHY. Why are you trying to do this? What workflow are you trying to accomplish that causes you to want to do this?

Dan Staples
Director, Solid Edge Product Development

Phenom
Phenom

An actual advantage to Sync. Wow!

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Sir,

When i am creating a model, select a wrong plane it is a reason

IN SOLID WORK HAVE COMMAND FOR SAME (CHANGE PLANE DIRECT AFTER CREATING A MODEL)

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor
if you read my first reply again you will see, that i have replied to this, too. select the feature/sketch,that you want to place to a different plane, select edit definition and the first icon in the toolbar will be for changing the plane.

Legend
Legend
Use it a little more, 12GAGE, and the advantages will start hitting you like a ton of bricks. But moving and rotating the model is a good one. It always kills me to import an SW model and have the Y axis up.
Using SE since V12, 2002