Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: CUT EXTRUDED BODY

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

After we had repeat errors which necessitated deleting that registry hive to fix SE I started using the Settings and Preferences wizard to back up just the appdata and registry settings when things were running smoothly. I don't know if that's what @hawcad meant (I suspect he meant a registry backup or export) but it allows me to get SE running again without having to edit the registry and reset several things in SE.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP5 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Hi @bshand

no this was not what I mentioned before, due to I have written a small script a couple of years ago, which did and does a good job for me and my users.

The advantage of this script is, that it could be used for several and different users without a problem.

Maybe it also is usable for You, so I will share it here.

There are only a view lines:

reg export "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 109" sev109_CU_single.reg

type sev109_CU_single.reg | find /V /I "\\users\\" > sev109_CU.reg

pause

That's all.

The first line exports the Cureent_User part of the SE registry to a file

The second line filters out all line where \\users\\ is in, what neutralizes the regsitry from personal settings.

pause on stops before closing the CMD

A second script does the import for me:

reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 107" /f
reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 108" /f
reg delete "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions\Solid Edge\Version 109" /f

reg import sev109_CU.reg

pause

First I clean all old registry entries and then I import the saved one.

This two scripts are used by me for years and for roll out certain settings to a group of users

Maybe they can help You too.

regards
Wolfgang

Thanks @hawcad.  The built-in stuff works fine for multiple users and I like to stay plain vanilla when possible.

Bruce Shand

Hi @bshand

this would be fine if it will work for multiple users.

So You can use one setup saved by one user on another PC for another user?

I thought that if saving registry settings in that way, there are all user specific entries saved too.

regards
Wolfgang

If you are using a variable in your code for users then I guess the built-in can't do that but since every machine already has the settings and preferences wizard I don't personally see the need for the macro.

Bruce Shand

HI @bshand

You are right as long as we talk about saving of Your personal settings.

But as mentioned before, I used this couple of script lines (don't think that this is a macro)

to set up one computer with Solid Edge and company settings for SE, save thos settings and use them to role out the same installaion options and settings to every machine in the network, for every user.

This was and is my indent for the script.

A side effect was, that if I once have stored my settings somewhere on my computer I can use it to reset it back to that proper and working settings.

But I agree with You:

Every Build-In solution of Solid Edge has to be prefered over every Add-On

But as long as there is no Build-In solution available, man must go back to use their own

regards
Wolfgang

"to set up one computer with Solid Edge and company settings for SE, save thos settings and use them to role out the same installaion options and settings to every machine in the network, for every user."

We have a small network of users and options.xml performs that function. Unless I'm misunderstanding something. You don't save out the customization folder which resides in appdata do you?

Bruce Shand

Hi @bshand

no, we also save out/read in the Customization folder with the company utilized tabs and toolbars

Due to the fact that the yonly can be under local folder for every user, we save the standard on server and do a script copy back to %appdata%\Unigraphics Solution\Solid Edge\Version 10x\Customization

But this can be done by evry user as they like

regards
Wolfgang