Calculating Weight

I was wondering if Solid Edge has a video on how to calculate weight, Volume, of a part. I looked in Help does have it in text not on You Tube.

Thanks

Greg

4 REPLIES

PO_LC you need to go into "Inspect" and use the MV dialog...

PO_LC you need to go into "Inspect" and use the MV dialog command. Watch here: http://screencast.com/t/Lu6ffg4Is7 This also works in Assembly and you can get the Full Weight and Volume there as well. Bob

Re: PO_LC you need to go into "Inspect" and use the MV dialog...

Hi @PHENOM

Would like to ask you whether can Solid Edge calculate a weight for display configuration assembly?

Display configurations are used to control the visual display of the assembly not the physical structure, so no  you cannot determine mass based on the display configuration.

Consider using alternate assemblies instead.

[ Edited ]

@Arisy  Physical properties will show the mass only for selected components in an assembly if you choose. So you could display certain configs, then window select the displayed components (or select in the pathfinder) then go to mv properties.

Edit: @Arisy  I see you asked in another thread about displaying weights in a draft. Unfortunately the above method is only a "one-off" and there is no property tied to it. That ability might make a nice enhancement. But I think if you want to get that value automatically in a draft you'd have to use @uk_dave's method.

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP7 - Insight - Win10 - K4200