Call out material property in draft from an assembly

Experimenter
Experimenter

I've created a part made of steel and was able to use property text to automatically callout the type of material in the draft.  However, I'm unable to use the property text to call out an assembly's material other than using the bill of materials table.  I would assume it doesn't know which part to use as the material callout.  Any suggestions??

2 REPLIES

Re: Call out material property in draft from an assembly

PLM World Member Phenom PLM World Member Phenom
PLM World Member Phenom

How can an assembly have a material? Are you assembling components with their own unique materials? In an assembly, you are not generating any unique geometry that is made from a new material.

But if your assembly somehow does have its own material, then you may have to create a custom property in your assembly template and files.

Re: Call out material property in draft from an assembly

Experimenter
Experimenter

Many of our parts require hardware (bolts, dowels, etc) which are called out through the bill of materials in the assembly.  Currently, the main component (part) is not referenced in the bill of materials (which would easily solve the issue) but called out in a differnet location (stand alone property text) on the draft.  I created custom fields in the part/assebmly levels to populate these property text boxes but was looking for a more automated process.