Solved! Go to solution

Callout Text 1 and 2 - Why?

A user asked me questions I couldn't answer:

Why are there two text boxes in a callout? And why can't they be formatted differently in Font and size, etc?

Am I not grasping some amazing use of callouts here?Callout1and2.JPG

Bruce Shand
ST9 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200
9 REPLIES

Re: Callout Text 1 and 2 - Why?

I would assume so that macro's or users can be instructed to automatically fill one, the other is free to be edited by the operator.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author bshand
‎07-15-2016 09:58 AM

@bshand I believe it is so when you have the leader break line going completely under the callout text, callout2 text is under the line

2016-07-13_15-36-00.png

Thanks,
Ken

Production: ST9 MP7
Testing: ST10

[ Edited ]

What @Grundey said...

From the Solid Edge help:

Callout text position
You can create multiline callouts using the Callout text and Callout text 2 boxes on the General page (Callout Properties dialog box) to specify content above and below the break line.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/108/help/#uid:calout1a

and...

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/se/108/help/#uid:index_annotations:xid280272:xid280277:...

As for your second question, what formal drafting standard allows for mixing font styles and font sizes as part of a single dimensioning entity?

@uk_dave, I'm not sure a callout is strictly a dimension entity and must conform to some industry standard. Where is that specified?

If it is to be considered strictly a dimension entity then I guess all bets are off. But I know that not everyone uses it that way. Let's say you want to emulate view captions where the name, etc. above and the scale, etc. below are, or can be, two different sizes. Are notes dimension entities? Callouts are often used for various notes. If one needs to highlight a word or section is it unreasonable to be able to use one tool rather than switch to a text box or whatever workaround you choose? And callouts have the advantage of attachment. One can do a multi-line text box with different sizes, etc. but attaching it and having it move with say, a view, requires grouping.

Just asking for some flexibility, agility, here.

Bruce Shand

[ Edited ]

Fully agree here. There have been countless times where I was needing to be able to do this and couldn't. Most of them involved text that I didn't use the leader for. I also wish it would allow us to do things like underline certain characters but not others. And since you can attach the leader to something and then hide it, it moves with whatever you have it attached to. Invaluable. You can also resize the entire note by clicking on the callout and changing the text scale, which I use frequently.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"

Call PCD of the hole from 3D to 2D in Callout

Hello,

I need one help from you..!

Is it possible to import the PCD of the hole from 3D to 2D in Callout..?

We use Feature control in callout for Hole Size and Hole Depth.. But there is no option for PCD.. Pelase help..

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Rak

Regards,
RAY

Re: Call PCD of the hole from 3D to 2D in Callout

"PCD"?

Bruce Shand

Re: Call PCD of the hole from 3D to 2D in Callout

[ Edited ]

@bshand

Pitch Circle Diameter

Must be working on gears, or maybe something that has a chain so is making teeth for the chain.

Edit: Apparently what is being referred to may be a Bolt Circle as well.

What can be done is use the bolt circle tool near the centerlines tool, then you can dimension the circle. But I'm not sure that there is a way to extract that info directly from the model, other than using property text to link to the variables.

ST9
Windows 7 Professional
Nvidia K2200 & Intel Xeon
"You're doing it wrong"