Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Callout "Wrap Text" as default setting

Genius
Genius

I can't seem to set the default setting on a callout to "fixed - wrap text". I have to set it every time.

I've can't see a way in styles to do it, and I've tried various combinations of setting it on the ribbon, but no luck.

Have I missed something very simple?

callout.JPG

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Callout "Wrap Text" as default setting

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

@pmckay  Don't believe there is a way to default it to that but you might save yourself some time by setting it the way you want it and creating a "Saved setting".

Ken
Production: SE 2019 MP8, Testing: SE 2020
http://Grundey.blogspot.com

Re: Callout "Wrap Text" as default setting

Callout settings are kind of a mess in my opinion. They're partially controlled by the active dimension style which determines the default for the "text and leader", "smart depth", and "feature callout" tabs and partially by saved settings in the general tab.

You can save a setting with the text control under the border tab set to wrap text but the width setting doesn't stick. You still have to set the width on each callout via the dialog or by dragging the blue dot.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200

Betreff: Callout "Wrap Text" as default setting

Hi @pmckay

the IMHO only YOu can do is to save such a setting under a name and use that one, but this also requests an extra mouse click to call the saved setting

regards
Wolfgang

Genius
Genius

Thanks everyone, at least I'm not going mad.

I do have width and wrap set on my saved settings for quite a few different callouts, but....

"Saved setting" does NOT:

1. remember width setting mm value

2. remember text colour (that comes form the dimensions style)

3. remember a different dimension style setting

4. remember probably more things....

So saved settings are really only good for the callout content, not for format, would that be a fair statement?

I just find my self often putting down one-off unique callouts and then changing their text format, changing their text colour, changing something else about them etc. etc....

@pmckay wrote:

So saved settings are really only good for the callout content, not for format, would that be a fair statement?

Pretty much. It's basically just what's on the general tab. The border tab also but the width setting with wrap doesn't stick. But the wrap setting is preserved. All the other tabs are dictated by the current dimension style.

Bruce Shand
SE2019 MP8 - Insight - Win10 - K4200